5 Ways to Celebrate Memorial Day for the Best
As you celebrate Memorial Day this year, honoring everyone who died serving the country, you would be wondering how you will be celebrating the weekend. You will be visiting memorials and cemeteries, holding gatherings, and even participating in parades. It is also that time of the year the summer season begins.
So what can you do this year to feel special on Memorial Day this year?
1. Get Yourself a Relaxing Mattress
With so many memorial day mattress sale offers available for the weekend, you should make the most of this opportunity. There may be many reasons why you would want to replace your current mattresses with new ones. Make sure to consider the following factors when choosing the right mattress:
- Choose the right size for your bed
- Consider the firmness. There should be the perfect balance between firmness and softness to be relaxing and supportive at the same time.
- Consider options like memory foam, latex foam, innerspring, air, and hybrid mattresses
You should also consider whether you will need a foundation or not.
2. Consider Getting New Appliances
Another area you can find excellent deals on Memorial Day is appliances. There is a good chance that you may want to replace one or more outdated or broken appliances in your home with the latest models. It may be a refrigerator, oven, washing machine, vacuum, or something else. Some of these special deals can help you save big.
3. Get New Tools
You don’t have to be a DIY expert to realize the importance of tools. If you have been waiting for long to get some tools to make your tasks easy and quick, this may just be the right time of the year to get them. Some of these must-have tools include:
- Hand saws
- Electric drills
You may also be able to get discounts on some more advanced and specialized tools and hardware as part of Memorial Day offers.
4. Spring Clothing
Since Memorial Day marks the unofficial beginning of the summer season, it is that time of the year when stores are looking to sell-off their stock of spring clothing. You can expect to save even more than half the listed price on such clothing. And some of these biggest discounts are available online.
5. Enjoy Memorial Day
Besides getting things at a discount, there is so much more you can do to enjoy Memorial Day:
- Attend a Parade: Your town is highly likely to have parades and other events. You can participate in these events with your friends and family.
- Decorate: You can decorate your home and lawn with the red, white, and blue. Make sure to follow the tradition of flying the flat at half-staff through noon.
- Buy A Poppy: Even before the Memorial Day weekend begins, you can find VFW members accepting donations against poppies. You can make your contribution by buying a poppy. The donation will go towards national and state rehab and service programs for veterans.
Thus, there are many things that can be done to celebrate Memorial Day this year and make it special. You can buy many things and save money while also making your valuable contribution towards veterans’ welfare.